Chairman’s Corner – Emil Hauch Jensen
Finally, I would remind you that if you have not done so already then now is the time to mark your calendar on October 24th for the biggest party of the year, our DCCC Business Person of the Year Gala Ball. Nominations for Business Person of the Year and Entrepreneur of the Year are open until September 7th as well as we are looking for sponsors for the party – please contact Anneli on Mail@DCCC-Shanghai.com.
Emil Hauch Jensen
Chairman of the Board, DCCC Shanghai Chapter
Save the dates:
Welcome Back BBQ – on Friday, September 11th at Fairmont Peace Hotel roof top terrace
(Photo by Rasmus Daniel Taun)
Candidates will later be asked to submit a detailed profile themselves.
Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
Business Person of the Year
- A Candidate will have achieved significant results for his/her company and/or organization, representing continuity over a significant number of years (with attention being paid particularly to the last 3-5 years)
- A Candidate – respected in the Danish and Chinese business communities – has contributed to the understanding between Denmark and China and as such has acted as an ambassador for Danes and the Danish business community in China
- A Candidate going beyond their formal job duties to represent new ingenious ideas, which have – or will – benefit Danish ways of doing business.
- A Danish or Chinese national, located in China or Denmark who has made a substantial mark with a new important contribution and impact to Denmark and/or China during the last year(s)
- The Candidate should have endured personal risk to achieve success be it financial or otherwise
- The Candidate should be able to demonstrate a certain unique idea, knowledge, talent, or business concept with identifiable Sino-Danish elements which should be sustainable and have potential for growth and/or scalability
- The age of the Candidate is not decisive, but younger candidates and those who have reached early achievement should be favored
- The Candidate could be a business person, creative person, scholar or an artist.
Business Person of the Year
2014 – Jens Eskelund – Maersk China
2013 – Peter N. Rasmussen – Asia Base
2012 – Steffen Schiottz-Christensen – NTS Logistics Management/A.P. Moller Group
2011 – John F. Christensen – Prime Cargo/Wagas
2010 – Hans Michael Jebsen – Jebsen & Co.
2009 – Morten Bay Jensen – Ecco
2008 – Zhen Jian Guo – Former Chinese Ambassador to Denmark
2007 – Allan Warburg – Bestseller China
Entrepreneur of the Year
2014 – Kasper Leschly – D:Fuse
2013 – Jens Purup – Access People
2012 – Casper Tollerud – Genuine China Tours
2011 – Simon Lichtenberg – Trayton Group
2010 – Niels Krogsgaard Eskildsen – China Soft
2009 – Anne Charlotte Lembye – Lukou
Call for Sponsorships – Business Person of the Year Gala Ball on October 24th 2015
– a unique opportunity to market your business with a sponsorship of the biggest Danish business event. Download the sponsorship package here
Meet our colleagues
This is a new column where we introduce other Danish Chambers of Commerce around the world
- Regular network meetings with incoming Danish speakers, CEOs, GMs and people of interest sharing their Danish-Chinese perspectives on current affairs.
- Functional Work Groups in the areas of “Legal & IPR” and “Finance” for functional managers in Danish companies facilitating knowledge sharing as well as updates on new regulations in China.
- Being the most cost competitive provider of training and seminars for local employees among all the chambers in Beijing, hereunder creating training/ workshops/panel discussions/language courses etc. explaining the unique cultural aspects of working for a Danish company.
- Unique social events making Beijing & North China a fun and exciting place to work, and to give DCCC’s members a feeling of community across all the different cultural backgrounds.
We are Pleased to Welcome our New Member:
News from our Members
Visit the the Danish Pavilion at The Crystal Globe Expo 2015 – click here
Update From The Royal Danish Consulate
On the 19th of August 2015, at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, Ambassador A. Carsten Damsgaard presented the Letter of Credence by which Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark nominates him as Ambassador of Denmark to China, to the Chinese President, His Excellency Mr. Xi Jinping.
President Xi Jinping warmly welcomed the Ambassador to China, and asked him to convey his sincere greetings and good wishes to Her Majesty The Queen of Denmark. The President added that China wishes to continue to strengthen the strong cooperation and close bilateral relations with DenmarkIn reply, the Ambassador, by command of The Queen, conveyed Her Majesty’s best wishes to the President and the Chinese people as well as expressed Her Majesty’s fond memories of a very successful State Visit to China last year. He added that he would work hard in his new post to contribute to a further development of the comprehensive strategic partnership between Denmark and China.
Ambassador Damsgaard is the 23rd Danish Ambassador to China since Denmark’s first diplomatic mission in the country in 1908.
“I am deeply honoured to be nominated as Ambassador of Denmark to China. I look forward to meet the Chinese people and to learn more about Chinese culture – and to further develop the historically close cooperation between our two countries,” says Ambassador Damsgaard.Introduction of the Visa Information System
The Visa Information System – or VIS – will come into force the 12th of October. When applying for the first time, all applicants will have to appear in person at an external service provider. Biometric data, along with the data provided in the Schengen visa application form, will be recorded in the VIS database and stored for five years. Frequent travellers will only have to complete the procedure once within this period, as the fingerprints will be copied from the previous application file in the VIS.
The VIS will contain all Schengen visa applications and the decisions taken by any Schengen State’s consulate. This will facilitate visa application procedures and checks at external border of the European Union, as well as enhance security. The recourse to biometric technology will protect visa applicants better against identity theft and prevent false identifications, which in certain cases lead to a refusal of a visa or entry to a person who is entitled to enter.
The implementation of the VIS is part of the gradual worldwide deployment, which began in 2011. On the same day as in China, the VIS will start operating in all Schengen missions in East Asia.Possibility to reacquire Citizenship comes into Effect
The 18th of December 2014 the Danish Parliament adopted a new Nationality Act. The new Nationality Act concerning multiple nationalities comes into force the 1st of September 2015. The new legislation will allow a number of citizens to reacquire or retain their Danish citizenship while also having or obtaining another citizenship.
Former Danish citizens that have lost their citizenship due to becoming citizens in a different country will from the 1st of September be able to reclaim their Danish citizenship by making a declaration directly to The State Administration (Statsforvaltningen) if they meet certain specified criteria. The State Administration charges a fee of DKK 1.100-1.200,-.
The declaration may also be handed in to a Danish diplomatic or honorary mission abroad, who will then charge an extra separate fee.
Access to multiple nationalities is not decided by Danish law alone. For a person to acquire multiple nationality this must be allowed in the nationality laws of each of the states in which the person wishes to hold nationality.
More information will follow on the Danish representation’s webpage.
You can read more about multiple nationalities here.
Har du husket at registrere dig på Udenrigsministeriets danskerliste?
Hvad er danskerlisten?
Danskerlisten giver Udenrigsministeriet mulighed for at kontakte danskere i udlandet i en krisesituation. Det kan være ved naturkatastrofer, terroraktioner eller væbnet konflikt i det land, du opholder dig i. I den slags situationer kan det være nyttigt for dig at få information om en sikker og hurtig måde at forlade området på.
Det er frivilligt, om man som dansker ønsker at registrere sig.
Danskerlisten kan bruges ved både korte rejser og længerevarende ophold i udlandet. Det nye system minder automatisk brugeren om at opdatere sine oplysninger senest 12 måneder efter sidste logon.
Du får adgang til Danskerlisten via et selvvalgt ID og password eller NemID.
Follow upcoming Danish cultural performances and events in Shanghai on http://www.culturedenmark.com/en
- Wednesday September 2nd 2015 Nordic event: Tailoring Nordic Products, Services and Marketing to the Chinese Consumer
- Friday September 11th 2015 Welcome Back Barbecue
- Thursday September 17th 2015 InterChamber Investment Seminar
- Friday September 18th 2015 Danish Friday & My Five Biggest Mistakes and What I Wish I Knew Then with Kasper Leschly
- Tuesday September 22nd InterChamber Mixer in Suzhou
- Thursday September 24th Nordic event: Wine Tasting with Chile Wine Association
- Friday October 16th 2015 Danish Friday
- Tuesday October Team Management – How to Employ the Right People – Interview Techniques for Effective Hiring
- Saturday October 24th 2015 Business Person of Year Gala Ball
- Wednesday November 4th 2015 Team Management: Coaching for Performance
- Tuesday November 10th 2015 Lecture by Lars Kolind
- Friday November 20th 2015 Danish Friday
- Wednesday November 25th 2015 Team Management: Performance and Formal Feedback Meetings
- Saturday November 28th 2015 YP Christmas Party